Hitachi Energy has joined forces with UK Power Networks Services to put on a webinar entitled ‘Shore Power: Enabling Maritime Decarbonisation’.
Shore power is a mature technology enabling vessels to switch off their engines and plug into the grid whilst berthed. It reduces carbon emissions, improves air quality and reduces noise and vibration. There is an expectation that rolling out shore power will bring private investment, encourage new careers, create thousands of jobs, boost economic growth, and revitalise coastal communities.
Join a one-hour webinar where speakers from the British Ports Association, Portsmouth International Port, Hitachi Energy and UK Power Networks Services to discuss and explore how the UK Ports sector is responding to the challenges facing maritime decarbonisation and how shore power can enable the transition to a clean maritime future.
The event, which takes place on 28th April at 11am, will feature the following speakers:
- Mark Simmonds, Director of Policy & External Affairs, British Ports Association
- Sagnik Murthy, Sector Lead – Ports, UK Power Networks Services
- Jerry Clarke, Pilot/Senior Project Manager/AHM, Portsmouth International Port
- Stephen Jones, Sector Lead – Transport Decarbonisation, Hitachi Energy
- Ian Render, Prinicipal Project Engineer, Hitachi Energy
You can find out more information about the event and register here.
Image courtesy of Hitachi Energy/UK Power Networks Services.